We are looking to place a Legal Assistant II in a one year position at the Department of Justice in Savannah, GA. McNeal Professional Services, Inc. is a 16 year national Wireless Engineering and Staffing Services firm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. Join our great team today! If interested and available, please reply to [email protected] with an updated MSWord resume. Below is the description. Feel free to forward to your colleagues who may be interested:
The Contract employee will provide a wide range of legal services to include direct clerical and administrative support assistance to Assistant U. S. Attorneys in the Civil Division. The legal assistant work requires a specialized knowledge of the processes, procedures, and practices of legal and administrative activities in conjunction with knowledge of clerical and administrative office skills and an ability to apply these skills to increase the effectiveness of the assigned AUSA. Duties include:
– Examines, prepares and processes a wide variety of technical legal documents which are characteristically voluminous and complex in format. Reviews incoming materials and determines the need for assembly and preparation of a variety of legal documents, e.g., motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, etc. Obtains needed information from case files, law enforcement agencies, civil client agencies, or other sources, and submits completed legal documents to the appropriate AUSA for review and approval. Prepares such legal actions as indictments, complaints, search warrants, judgments, applications, notices, affidavits, summonses, subpoenas, rules to show cause, proofs of claim, motions for summary judgment, dismissals, satisfactions of judgment, etc. Ensures legal documents are in conformance with rules governing style and format.
– Provides assistance to attorneys in preparing trial notebooks, assembling jury instructions, compiling witness and exhibit lists. Prepares discovery for plaintiffs and/or defendants in accordance with governing rules and regulations and with the approval of the assigned attorneys. Uses original and online legal resources to verify citations and statutory references contained in legal documents and to ensure citations are complete and consistent with source material.
– Composes original letters not requiring legal interpretations, but which require a good working knowledge of legal and administrative procedures and terminology.
– Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications.
– Provides automated litigation support to attorneys in trial preparation and courtroom presentations by utilizing various software applications and graphics hardware, e.g. scanners and plotters.
– Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office. Furnishes requested information concerning pending and closed matters, functions and general procedures of the office. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate federal, state or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
– Establishes and maintains a variety of files for Assistant U. S. Attorneys. Searches legal reference files for information needed by AUSAs in conducting interviews and preparing correspondence. Assemble exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents from file material. Separates, screens, selects, assembles and organizes files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depositories in accordance with established procedures.
– Maintains calendar of assigned active cases. Tracks filing, hearing and trial dates, and scheduling conferences and interviews. Develops and maintains suspense system for ongoing cases and informs the AUSA of pending dates and deadlines. Maintains calendars as necessary for all AUSAs directly supported, including scheduled appointments, interviews, conferences, etc.
– Performs docketing duties in an automated case management system such as opening, updating and closing cases and searching the database for required information.
– Reviews bills and invoices and submits same to budget office for payment. Receives and distributes incoming mail, including service of process. Maintains miscellaneous numerical/alpha files so that correspondence checks can be made for unfamiliar material received. Checks mail and annotates accordingly, e.g.
– Arranges travel by preparing itinerary, securing transportation and hotel reservations, and preparing travel authorizations and vouchers in automated travel system.
– Prepares travel authorizations and vouchers for various staff members. Arranges travel by preparing itinerary, securing transportation, and hotel reservations.
– Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications. For example, assignments may include integrating output from different software types, e.g., tables produced by database applications and charts and graphs produced by electronic spreadsheet applications, into word processing or desk top publishing text.
– Reviews and analyzes Financial Litigation Unit cases and works closely with AUSA in providing technical legal assistance support, including but not limited to: preparation of legal documents, reviewing claims and supporting documentation, determining adequacy of claims, initiating contacts with debtors, etc.
– Provides litigation assistance to attorneys by transcribing and/or correcting transcripts of audio recordings, bates stamping and copying documents, and producing and/or duplicating CDs and DVDs. Utilizes various software applications and graphics hardware such as scanners, binding machines, and duplicators. Prepares documents, charts, and visual materials for use in court proceedings. Prepares legal pleadings and documents in support of litigation or prosecution, and files same in the electronic filing system for the U. S. District Court.
– Performs accurate data entry into the LIONS or CDCS databases and enters data in prescribed format for subsequent processing. Reviews error messages and makes corrections during data entry. Maintains operating records, logs and controls documents.
Small law firm on the Southside of Savannah seeks reliable individual to be the first impression of the firm. This person must be presentable, with a clear and pleasant phone voice, must be detailed oriented, and enjoy assisting others. The ideal candidate should have at least one year of experience as a receptionist answering multiple phone lines with composure, filing, must type 45+ words per minute with accuracy, and be proficient in Word. Will train on all job functions, no law firm experienced required but appreciated. Customer Service experience is a must. Must have reliable transportation.
Responsibilities will include:
• Answer Inbound Calls and Route Appropriately
• Taking Telephone Messages
• Managing Client Files
• Running Office Errands
• Attorney and Paralegal Support
When submitting your resume, please list any obligations, now or in the future, that would prevent you from committing to M-F 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
[email protected][email protected]_____________________________________________________________
Job Announcement. Loan Closer
Legal Assistant needed for busy downtown law practice. Must have both corporate and commercial experience as well as some knowledge of real estate (transactional) closings. Salary range – $33-$36K plus benefits and paid parking.
Legal Assistant needed for busy downtown law practice. This position is partially legal assistant helping an attorney in corporate law and partially executive assistant for an additional attorney. Must have corporate law experience. Salary range $40K-$45K plus benefits and paid parking.
For more information on either job, contact:
702 Mall Boulevard
Savannah, GA 31406
o: (912) 356-6900
f: (912) 356-6921
c: (912) 247-8680