Prominent downtown Savannah law firm seeks dependable, EXPERIENCED Legal Secretary to handle business formation and litigation, commercial real estate and transactional work. Looking for an outgoing individual who is prompt, detailed, structured and has a positive attitude. Applicant must be self-sufficient and able to work independently as necessary. Experience in a legal office is MANDATORY. Duties include, but are not limited to handling of attorneys’ correspondence including transcribing of dictation, drafting and revising documents, preparation and filing of real estate and court documents with various courts and the Secretary of State. Applicant must have experience in managing and maintaining attorney calendars, including scheduling court dates, court deadlines, client intake and appointments and entering attorney time into billing software.
Candidate must have a good work ethic with excellent telephone, communication and customer service skills and continue an ongoing professional business relationship with all clients and business contacts. Candidate MUST have excellent computer skills including proficiency in typing and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel –formatting for cells, page margins, footers, headers, etc. Parking provided. Email resume, cover letter and references. APPLICANTS WITH NO EXPERIENCE NEED NOT APPLY.
CHRISTINE TAMBAKIS MCDONNELL
Attorney at Law
P: 912.233.2251 | F: 912.235.5464
14 East State Street, Savannah, GA 31401
P.O. BOX 10105, Savannah, GA 31412-0305
A Christian Law Firm looking for a part-time paralegal:
Assist attorneys by obtaining, compiling, and preparing legal information.
* Compile evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, and databases; interviewing clients, third parties, and expert witnesses.
* Prepares legal documents for attorney’s approval and use by identifying forms and formats; producing text; proofreading; maintaining document control system.
* Begin legal actions by arranging for notice and subpoena service.
* Oversees cases by managing files and documents; coordinating with clients, opposing law firms, and courts; managing court docket calendar; expediting paper flow; maintaining schedules and deadlines; generating status reports, logs, and indexes; processing settlement papers and payments.
* Prepares for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files; obtaining jury list and background information.
* Prepares witnesses by detailing background information; interviewing witnesses; preparing interview summaries and statements.
* Maintains database by organizing document control; designing retrieval systems; summarizing, coding, and storing documents; updating system.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Legal Compliance, Research Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Telephone Skills, Multi-tasking, Organization, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships
AV rated downtown law firm seeking full time/part time paralegals with experience. Applicants must know all aspects of litigation practice, work independently to meet deadlines, and possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Must also have excellent grammar and computer skills. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to, completing forms, case status reports, deposition summaries, discovery, pleadings preparation, medical and employment record summaries and compilations, indexing, communication and coordination with expert and fact witnesses, hearing preparation, research, courtroom support, and various other litigation support matters which are known to qualified candidates. Immediate need.
Send resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 8047, Savannah, GA 31412.
We are looking to place a Legal Assistant II in a one year position at the Department of Justice in Savannah, GA. McNeal Professional Services, Inc. is a 16 year national Wireless Engineering and Staffing Services firm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. Join our great team today! If interested and available, please reply to [email protected] with an updated MSWord resume. Below is the description. Feel free to forward to your colleagues who may be interested:
The Contract employee will provide a wide range of legal services to include direct clerical and administrative support assistance to Assistant U. S. Attorneys in the Civil Division. The legal assistant work requires a specialized knowledge of the processes, procedures, and practices of legal and administrative activities in conjunction with knowledge of clerical and administrative office skills and an ability to apply these skills to increase the effectiveness of the assigned AUSA. Duties include:
– Examines, prepares and processes a wide variety of technical legal documents which are characteristically voluminous and complex in format. Reviews incoming materials and determines the need for assembly and preparation of a variety of legal documents, e.g., motions, orders, answers, pleadings, subpoenas, etc. Obtains needed information from case files, law enforcement agencies, civil client agencies, or other sources, and submits completed legal documents to the appropriate AUSA for review and approval. Prepares such legal actions as indictments, complaints, search warrants, judgments, applications, notices, affidavits, summonses, subpoenas, rules to show cause, proofs of claim, motions for summary judgment, dismissals, satisfactions of judgment, etc. Ensures legal documents are in conformance with rules governing style and format.
– Provides assistance to attorneys in preparing trial notebooks, assembling jury instructions, compiling witness and exhibit lists. Prepares discovery for plaintiffs and/or defendants in accordance with governing rules and regulations and with the approval of the assigned attorneys. Uses original and online legal resources to verify citations and statutory references contained in legal documents and to ensure citations are complete and consistent with source material.
– Composes original letters not requiring legal interpretations, but which require a good working knowledge of legal and administrative procedures and terminology.
– Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications.
– Provides automated litigation support to attorneys in trial preparation and courtroom presentations by utilizing various software applications and graphics hardware, e.g. scanners and plotters.
– Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office. Furnishes requested information concerning pending and closed matters, functions and general procedures of the office. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate federal, state or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO purview and furnishes the needed address or telephone number when available.
– Establishes and maintains a variety of files for Assistant U. S. Attorneys. Searches legal reference files for information needed by AUSAs in conducting interviews and preparing correspondence. Assemble exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents from file material. Separates, screens, selects, assembles and organizes files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depositories in accordance with established procedures.
– Maintains calendar of assigned active cases. Tracks filing, hearing and trial dates, and scheduling conferences and interviews. Develops and maintains suspense system for ongoing cases and informs the AUSA of pending dates and deadlines. Maintains calendars as necessary for all AUSAs directly supported, including scheduled appointments, interviews, conferences, etc.
– Performs docketing duties in an automated case management system such as opening, updating and closing cases and searching the database for required information.
– Reviews bills and invoices and submits same to budget office for payment. Receives and distributes incoming mail, including service of process. Maintains miscellaneous numerical/alpha files so that correspondence checks can be made for unfamiliar material received. Checks mail and annotates accordingly, e.g.
– Arranges travel by preparing itinerary, securing transportation and hotel reservations, and preparing travel authorizations and vouchers in automated travel system.
– Prepares travel authorizations and vouchers for various staff members. Arranges travel by preparing itinerary, securing transportation, and hotel reservations.
– Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications. For example, assignments may include integrating output from different software types, e.g., tables produced by database applications and charts and graphs produced by electronic spreadsheet applications, into word processing or desk top publishing text.
– Reviews and analyzes Financial Litigation Unit cases and works closely with AUSA in providing technical legal assistance support, including but not limited to: preparation of legal documents, reviewing claims and supporting documentation, determining adequacy of claims, initiating contacts with debtors, etc.
– Provides litigation assistance to attorneys by transcribing and/or correcting transcripts of audio recordings, bates stamping and copying documents, and producing and/or duplicating CDs and DVDs. Utilizes various software applications and graphics hardware such as scanners, binding machines, and duplicators. Prepares documents, charts, and visual materials for use in court proceedings. Prepares legal pleadings and documents in support of litigation or prosecution, and files same in the electronic filing system for the U. S. District Court.
– Performs accurate data entry into the LIONS or CDCS databases and enters data in prescribed format for subsequent processing. Reviews error messages and makes corrections during data entry. Maintains operating records, logs and controls documents.
Small law firm on the Southside of Savannah seeks reliable individual to be the first impression of the firm. This person must be presentable, with a clear and pleasant phone voice, must be detailed oriented, and enjoy assisting others. The ideal candidate should have at least one year of experience as a receptionist answering multiple phone lines with composure, filing, must type 45+ words per minute with accuracy, and be proficient in Word. Will train on all job functions, no law firm experienced required but appreciated. Customer Service experience is a must. Must have reliable transportation.
Responsibilities will include:
• Answer Inbound Calls and Route Appropriately
• Taking Telephone Messages
• Managing Client Files
• Running Office Errands
• Attorney and Paralegal Support
When submitting your resume, please list any obligations, now or in the future, that would prevent you from committing to M-F 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
[email protected][email protected]_____________________________________________________________
Job Announcement. Loan Closer
Legal Assistant needed for busy downtown law practice. Must have both corporate and commercial experience as well as some knowledge of real estate (transactional) closings. Salary range – $33-$36K plus benefits and paid parking.
Legal Assistant needed for busy downtown law practice. This position is partially legal assistant helping an attorney in corporate law and partially executive assistant for an additional attorney. Must have corporate law experience. Salary range $40K-$45K plus benefits and paid parking.
For more information on either job, contact:
702 Mall Boulevard
Savannah, GA 31406
o: (912) 356-6900
f: (912) 356-6921
c: (912) 247-8680